Monday, September 01, 2008

What's on my easel? WIP -update

Kids in the park................


(click on photo for bigger image)

This is composed from several photos of my grandchildren in a local playground. I wanted to show the playground in the background without drawing any of it in detail. I've managed to chop off a head with the camera, but you get the idea....

and here it is with a little more work on it:


(click on photo for bigger image)

I'm using Faber Castel Polychromos and Koh-i-noor Polycolour on Daler Rowney Heavyweight A2 cartridge paper.

Update, with a little more work:


(click on photo for bigger image)

This is slightly different for me; heavier colour with a semi-abstract background. And because there are three figures in this, I'm finding it difficult to get a likeness on the smaller scale. Not quite in the comfort zone! But I do like the effect of putting more than one 'vignette' together on a single piece.

It's odd, but when I photograph it and bring it up on the monitor, I can see bits that I want to change that I don't see by just standing back and looking at it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

Hi Kay Susan,

Loved your CP crane and looks like you're well on the way with another great portrait. Way to go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home