Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Playground - WIP finished

....I think!


(Click on photo for bigger image)

I've tried to suggest the different playground surfaces; a kind of dark tarmac, grass, pathways, foliage and the field, sky and the South Downs in the background. I'm not entirely satisfied with this end result. I'm pleased with the figures, but not so pleased with the 'portrait' likenesses. This is on A2 paper, so each of the faces is quite small - usually I draw portraits at least A4 size on A3 paper. I will have to work a lot harder on catching a likeness without drawing the features in detail.

Back to the sketchbook for more practice!

I've put this one in its frame, because if I keep trying to adjust it I will spoil it. It's possible that I will have it out again later, but for now its done.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

Kay, this is wonderful! Love the engaging, active composition. I'm still envious over the watercolor look you always manage to achieve with colored pencils! Great job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home