Monday, July 07, 2008

WIP - Building Sandcastles

A bit more progress. I've laid down some more colour on the figure in the foreground and started to try and render the sand. On our 'home' beach the sand is coarse and crumbly, not at all powdery - perfect for making sandcastles.


(click on photo for bigger image)

I'm pleased with the way this is going. I think I have captured the differences in personality, even while they are both absorbed in the task. Grandson Number One is all business, totally focussed on the job in hand. His sister has a more laid back 'Yeah, I'm doing this, but it's easy and there's no rush OK?' attitude.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Paulette said...

This is turning into a lovely piece!

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Gillian said...

It's looking good - a tricky subject too, so well done.
Thanks for your comments on my blog. Nice to 'meet' you! x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home