Thursday, July 03, 2008

What's on my easel? Work in progress...

I'm starting to try out my new Polychromos pencils. This is Building Sandcastles, from sketches and photographic reference.


(click on photo for bigger image)

On heavyweight A2 size cartridge paper. The finished picture size will be about A3. I started by sketching in the main lines with a Faber-Castell erasable colour pencil in mid brown and lightly shaded in a basic flesh tone to give me a colour reference. Then I started to work lightly on the figure at the top. I'm still very slow. All this took about an hour, while I was talking to my daughter on the phone!

Here's an update, with a bit more colour layered on:


(click on photo for bigger image)

I'm enjoying this, and I really like these pencils - they sharpen up to a really good point and blend well. Nice and soft to use, no scratching at all.

No idea how I'm going to deal with all that sand!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home