Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Virtual Sketch Date - July

I'm still working on th July Virtual Sketch Date
challenge.

This time I first of all drew the image with Derwent Graphitint pencils (they are graphite with a touch of colour) because first of all I wanted to try a drawing with them, and secondly I wanted to have an underpaining - the plan was a kind of 'en grisaille'.


(click on photo for bigger image)

Then I lightly wet the background to give a light cover.


(click on photo for bigger image)

I am really having trouble with washing these graphitints - next time I will have to use heavier paper and try a proper watercolour brush. Frankly, this looks a mess, but it does give an underpainting.
Then, back into the comfort zone, I finished off with coloured pencils.


(click on photo for bigger image)

I did get an 'en grisaille' effect on the fruits and some of the leaves. Now that leaf shadow looks like a damage fruit!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Paulette said...

:) Sorry about the damaged fruit.
You did a great job with this, I like working with a grisaille.
Thank you for showing how you did yours.

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Every one of these that you are doing are fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home