Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I got these too.......!

Derwent Graphitint pencils. Graphite pencils with a touch of watercolour. And a neat brush with a water holder in the handle, also from Derwent. It's good for using with watercolour pencils. You just wipe the synthetic bristles on your hand (OK, I'm messy! You cold use a cloth!) to clean it between colours and the water stays clean. Great for going out and about.

I did this quick sketch of people on the beach, to try them out.


(click on photo for bigger image)

Derwent Graphitint on watercolour paper. I think I'm going to use this as an underpainting for a coloured pencil piece as an experiment!

Update: I found that after being wet, this cheap watercolour wouldn't take coloured pencils very well. So instead of working it up the way I intended, I just added a bit more colour with watercolour pencils. These pencils are great for quick sketches, but on balance I prefer fine, detailed coloured pencil work.


(click on photo for bigger image)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home