Friday, October 21, 2005

Illustration Friday - cold


Weather forecasters have predicted the coldest winter for a decade this year in the UK. (I know that for a lot of you, that's nothing, not even a goosepimple!). The country folk say that if you have a lot of holly berries, its a sign of a cold winter to come. They say that nature knows in advance and ensures a good supply of food for the birds. Well, the holly bush in my garden is just loaded this year, and everywhere the ivy is fruiting, so maybe they are right!

I took a photo of the holly berries against a bleak grey sky, then I put it in paintshop pro and added a coloured pencil effect.



(Click on photo for bigger image)

and then I tried a few more effects:

















On the left, coloured edges. On the right, coloured foil, I think this one looks really cold! And below, curly qs.

2 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

You have created some very clever effects here with this picture. Your portrait work is lovely too. Thanks for sending on that information from inaminuteago.Cheers, Michelle.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger mahlu002 said...

Those are very neat. I haven't figured out how to use photoshop well enough to do things like this. I love the colored pencil and then the one on the bottom...the curliques could make a beautiful christmas card...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home