Saturday, September 10, 2005

Illustration Friday - Depth



Maisie - 2 yrs (Click on photo for bigger image)Posted by Picasa

This is a sketch of Maisie at about 2 years old. She's deep in concentration as she examines some poor worm or leatherjacket that she has found in the flowerbed. I was interested in her face and hands, and the stillness that children have when they are looking at something very hard.

Pastel pencil on coloured children's play paper. This paper was not really strong enough, and did not have enough tooth, but I'm out of practice so I was being really cheap!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger rubio2d said...

What a fresh draw.
It's really alive!
I love the expression of the face, and the feeling of concentration. It's like the Time stops...
Great work!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Christine Lim Simpson said...

I like this portrait. Capture the mood and expression of the child very well.

I use cheap paper for my illo too. A bit rusty with my skills and tend to redo the pieces.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home