Thursday, August 04, 2005

Illustration Friday - Ageing 2


My old bulldog Posted by Picasa

Danielle over at :

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/mahlu002/oneday/

posted a lovely picture of her old dog. I thought I would share my pastel pencil sketch of mine. He was more than 12 years old when I did this. He was, as usual, sitting enjoying a shaft of rare sunshine!

If I compare this with the picture I posted for IF - tranquillity, I can see the difference. His coat has faded, his features have dropped and his muzzle is peppered with grey hairs.

I did love that old dog!

2 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger mahlu002 said...

Thanks for the nod. Chloe actually isn't my dog...she's from another photograph. I haven't been able to capture my own, but you've inspired me some more to try. I love the bulldog...some good friends of ours have one...they're so sweet.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger mahlu002 said...

Oops...meant to leave my "real" blog site (the one you posted) in that comment--just created a blogger file so i could commement: http://blog.lib.umn.edu/mahlu002/oneday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home